Friday, August 17, 2012

Copenhagen, Denmark

I finally arrived in Copenhagen earlier this week and got my apartment. Its in Islands Brygge, a quiet and newer neighborhood with a more modern feel than the rest of the city. The complex where my apartment is located has a lot of young families and is loaded with children. I have come to realize that Copenhagen is actually a huge place with about 10 different districts. The main focus of the city appears to be on the environment. Not only is 20% of Copenhagen's energy derived from wind power, but the people of the city are committed to cutting back on car emissions, which is why thousands of people commute via bicycle. In fact, I just read about the new bicycle highways the government is putting in all around the city so bicycle riders can be guaranteed a safer ride, especially when coming into the city from the outskirts of town. There are my Copenhagen facts for you, keep checking back for pictures of what I find while exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment