Friday, August 17, 2012

Nyhavn & Islands Brygge


Today I spent some time riding around on my bike to explore more of Copenhagen. I followed the waterfront opposite my apartment and within about 15 minutes found myself in Nyhavn, one of the more historical parts of Copenhagen. That picture on the top of my blog that's also in this post? That's Nyhavn, the typical picture attached to all things Copenhagen in books and online. It's a really touristy area, so walking around there was a bit of a challenge. When I was done in Nyhavn I headed back across the bridge to the Islands Brygge area and found a bike road that went down the waterfront. There was a lot happening, tons of people were out laying in the sun and listening to the free entertainment on the grassy beach by the water. I got a few good pictures of the modern architecture on Islands Brygge, which was a pretty drastic change from the buildings I saw in Nyhavn earlier on.

No comments:

Post a Comment